Sunday, September 4, 2011

Church "isms" that I disagree with.



-"Lift your hands if you love Jesus." - Naw bro...I used to think that I was rejecting my Jesus to his face if I didn't, but with due time, I became comfortable with the way that I express my praise during Praise and Worship time and I don't feel the need to do every little thing that the worship leader says.


-"If your Bible is falling apart, your life isn't." - My Bible isn't falling apart because I read my Bible on my iPhone.


-"Oh, I can tell the ones that God has brought through something. These are the ones screaming and shouting and jumping up and down." - Worship and thanksgiving shouldn't look the same from one person to the next because God has designed us all differently, therefore if we're all different, the way that we worship God should be unique to the relationship we have with him.


-"God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve." - I believe that God did make Adam and Eve, but this statement isn't going to stop Adam and Steve on acting for what they feel for one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment