Friday, September 30, 2011

TYRA BANKS and how she bankable!

I love Tyra Banks, granted, I think every now and then she goes a little off top on America's Next Top Model or has gone off top on her talk show but these are some reasons as to why I admire her. I think she is incredibly sexy and inspiring. I know plenty of people who think that she is annoying, but man, she is dynamic, innovative, creative, relevant, and with what she's pulling in at the bank, haters can keep hating. I think it's awesome that America's Next Top Model has been adopted in numerous other countries.

1. Instead of CHANGING HER BODY to fit the proportions of high fashion runway models, she CHANGED HER CAREER and became a face for Victoria's Secret.

2. She constantly says that she feels her mission in life is to help girls with their self-image and self-esteem, she even leads her own camp around this topic. As cliche as it may sound, I can appreciate a gorgeous woman who understands the importance of inner beauty and who wants to help women empower themselves.

3. She was the first African-American swimsuit model on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

4. Her talk-show had a broad range of relevant topics, from orgies to infidelity to race and homosexuality. Ladies and gentlemen the world is changing, and I believe she was fearless in approaching these "taboo" and "controversial topics".

5. Homegirl is attending HARVARD!!!!

6. She's real, I remember on one episode of either Top Model or the Tyra Show she said, "I have a really saggy booty, in case you haven't noticed, every Victoria Secret runway show, I either have a see-through skirt on my backside or something that doesn't fully expose my booty." Who says stuff like that? She does. :)

7. I was watching a special on her on E! and she said something that resonated with me, she's overworked herself to the point of hair loss and disease, and I don't encourage that, however, she said, "I think the reason I work so hard is because if it fails, it reflects on me, and if it's successful, it reflects on me." Boom, I want that type of work ethic.


8. She knows when to stop, when she released a track that wasn't received well, she let it be, she said during her special, "I quit the modeling industry before it quit on me." Powerful.


Besos Miss Tyra.

No comments:

Post a Comment