Thursday, March 28, 2013

Peter Pan Syndrome



I work with the entire second grade at Rocketship Mateo Sheedy Elementary School. 

These second graders do get on my dang nerves sometimes, but nonetheless, I adore them, they're still cute. They're a little bit less clueless than the first graders, yet their faces haven't matured like the third graders. 

I have one second grader in my last class of the day. To say the least, he is a genius. He is in third grade math, and even scored a 100% on this Third Grade Benchmark (a test the kids take to determine their progress.) He is extremely intelligent, very well behaved, and very kind. 

I was talking to him one day and asked him, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I know most second graders haven't thought of this in detail, but you do hear the occasional "doctor", "policeman", "fireman", "ballerina". 

This little boy responded, "I want to work at a birthday party place." I started giggling and said, "You mean like, Chuckie Cheese?" His face lit up and he said, "Yea". 

This cat is probably going to grow up and be an engineer, he's so smart.and intelligent, his answer was so carefree. And if he does grow up to work at a birthday party place, cool! I'm just sayin', I remember what it was like to be carefree and be a kid. Especially because now, life is about marriage, work, maintaining a household, paying bills on time and being a respectable human being, and I wouldn't change it or have it any other way. Boiiiii. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment