Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sharing Your Opinions in Public



I was in a professional setting today when one of the facilitators of the professional learning community group made a comment in reference to a coworker stating that her family talks about her having a baby, as if the baby were already in existence.

Not too sure if the facilitator knew, but one of the coworkers in the room is about 7 months pregnant. And whether she forgot or not, it's possible she didn't know, because the pregnant lady, who happens to be a good friend is barely even showing.

The facilitator then responded and said, "Tell your family to relax. Tell them, 'Um, let me get married and get my Masters first.'"

I made a sour face at that moment, and I realize that I took her personal preference personally, and I admit it. But I thought to myself, "I wonder if she knows that the pregnant lady in the room is not married, and doesn't have her Masters."

I then thought of all the successful women who have had babies out of "wedlock", without a Masters, Bachelors, Associates Degree, High School Diploma, whatever .

Hey man, if the facilitator thinks that the right time for herself to have babies is after she gets her Masters, (because she's already married", then by all means.

I just thought to myself that we need to be careful when we share our opinions in public, and who we share our opinions with.

That's all. Short and sweet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment