Saturday, August 13, 2011

My House

I enjoy my apartment because it is such an apartment. it's apartment-y, the walls are as thin as the semi-permeable membrane that encloses animal cells.  the gas heater burps random hot air like a hallway dragon that has gas, the hallway is actually more like a box-way because it is as wide as it is long. the carpet is marvelously plain, the wall unit ac is sufficient to cool the entire apartment and the shower head is lower than my head, granted i am 6 foot 3 inches, but that is beside the point, what i am trying to say is that my little house is perfect because its mine. the titillating joys of saying things like "yeah come over to my place" or vacuuming at 11:30p while listening to music never gets old. my new favorite past time is watching episodes of Daria on dvd while i eat dinner. my couch (where i eat dinner) is exactly 8 feet and 6 inches long. it didn't fit through the front door so i called my cousin to help us hoist it over the balcony from atop my brothers pick-up truck, although that process took more time than expected, i wouldn't trade that experience for anything. i thank my grandma for the couch. i am blessed i appreciate all that i have and i love my little house,  

No comments:

Post a Comment