Sunday, July 6, 2014

Trust the process. Your process.


















Went to Point Lobos today for the first time in 15 years. My dad took my brother and I when I was ten years old and today, I felt the need to be alone and one with nature. 

I have always loved the ocean, not only is it beautiful but it is merciless and ruthless. 

While watching the ocean, climbing rocks, and snapping pictures, I remembered the rock cycle that all of my second grade students learned about this year. I thought to myself, "Man, these rocks have been through some thangs if they come out looking this beautiful."

I then realized that these rocks had been through a process of continual shaping and molding and being beat by the ocean waves. All of the rocks were differently beautiful in one way or another. The process they endured probably lasted for thousands of years. 

I realized that in order to reach our full potential, we must first go through a cycle of continual shaping and molding, and not just one cycle, but multiple cycles. These cycles might take more years than we would like. All of us will turn out differently, that's why it's important to trust the process of OUR OWN cycle. 

Go to Point Lobos when you have the chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment